F1, RXP and Mindstar

All the new and coolest stuff that we're working on!
Falcon15e
Re: F1, RXP and Mindstar

Post by Falcon15e » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:26 pm

This makes perfect sense. I appreciate you (milviz), telling the consumers that information. It also indicates to me (as someone looking to use some mods), which developers to steer away from.

Being honest with your customers is the best COA and if you lose some, then you lose some. I'll stick around. Thanks again.

grreed1124

Post by grreed1124 » Sun May 01, 2022 1:40 am

Krazycolin wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:27 pm
Hi all,

This will surely offend some of you... perhaps a lot of you. But... it needs to be said.

MV will no longer be adding new GPS/GTN/whatever units from these companies: F1, RXP and Mindstar.

The reasons are as follows:

1) F1, Mindstar, RXP, REX/MV/Navstax all make products that cost you, the user, significant dollar amounts.
2) Of the above, only the last two, (Rex/MV and Navstax) provide 3rd party devs with a 3d model that is painted, a SDK and support to devs to make sure their product gets properly integrated into 3rd party addon aircraft.
3) this failure on their part has cost ALL of us devs a HUGE amount of money, time and effort.
4) after doing some checking on this, I've come to the conclusion that we spend about 30% of our support issues on the above companies products, mostly because of incomplete information.

After a couple of years of these products becoming more and more prevalent, I get that you, as a client, want/expect to have the best/right/cheapest combo bang for your buck. But, in all honesty, if F1, RXP or Mindstar hired a 3d model company (like say, 3DReach.com) then tagged and coded their own (expletives deleted) products and THEN supplied those to all of us devs, we would not be in this situation. All 3rd party addon aircraft would have the exact same units, tagged correctly and working. Any fault would lie with them which, of course, is as it should be.

Rex/MV and Navstax do exactly this with theirs. It makes it EASY for us devs to include their products. F1, RXP and Mindstar could and should do the same for their clients. That's YOU btw... not us.

My team has stopped me several times from tossing ANY 3d VC inclusion of these products for this very issue. We could just "force" you, the end user, to put it in yourselves as a 2D placement which is exactly what F1, RXP and Mindstar sell to you. We'd have no issues then. But, we're trying to make you happy by doing their work for them.

The problem is we're not happy. Not at all. The cost from all this has been enormous. Really and truly. 10's of thousands of dollars and hours for someone else's products. We get NOTHING from them but we do get a lot of flak from you. Their customers.

So, if you want us to include new products, provide support of any kind on these, I strongly suggest that you contact F1, RXP and Mindstar and complain to them. Not us.

Though some of you will surely say "Well, then I won't buy your stuff!"... what can I say to that? We work hard, really REALLY hard to provide you with the best, coolest, most immersive products that we can. But, we cannot do THAT AND do the work for others at the same time. It's just not possible.

All of the existing models (GTN 650/750, 530/430) will be included in future products.

Nuff said.

KC.
A2A does well with dual Flight1 and RXP options and Flight1 Avionics are now out of developement. They aren't even available for new sales. And really, for RXP all it takes is correct 3d modeling of the panel mounts. The RXP config tool does the actual gauge modeling. That is the way it is with Carenado models. Their RXP options only change the panel mounting background to RXP specs. One still has to run the Panel Assistant. I was disappointed that with the Twinkie I can only run RXP as a window with the VC unit merely being a repeater. Can't control unit from VC though.
Perhaps the easiest would just be to include flattening for the stock GNS bezels in the RXP panel options and then one could do a complete with bezel RXP GNS drop in using the Panel Assistant. Just a suggestion. It shouldn't be difficult to flatten the textures in a local panel area.

grreed1124

Post by grreed1124 » Sun May 01, 2022 1:42 am

Krazycolin wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:27 pm
Hi all,

This will surely offend some of you... perhaps a lot of you. But... it needs to be said.

MV will no longer be adding new GPS/GTN/whatever units from these companies: F1, RXP and Mindstar.

The reasons are as follows:

1) F1, Mindstar, RXP, REX/MV/Navstax all make products that cost you, the user, significant dollar amounts.
2) Of the above, only the last two, (Rex/MV and Navstax) provide 3rd party devs with a 3d model that is painted, a SDK and support to devs to make sure their product gets properly integrated into 3rd party addon aircraft.
3) this failure on their part has cost ALL of us devs a HUGE amount of money, time and effort.
4) after doing some checking on this, I've come to the conclusion that we spend about 30% of our support issues on the above companies products, mostly because of incomplete information.

After a couple of years of these products becoming more and more prevalent, I get that you, as a client, want/expect to have the best/right/cheapest combo bang for your buck. But, in all honesty, if F1, RXP or Mindstar hired a 3d model company (like say, 3DReach.com) then tagged and coded their own (expletives deleted) products and THEN supplied those to all of us devs, we would not be in this situation. All 3rd party addon aircraft would have the exact same units, tagged correctly and working. Any fault would lie with them which, of course, is as it should be.

Rex/MV and Navstax do exactly this with theirs. It makes it EASY for us devs to include their products. F1, RXP and Mindstar could and should do the same for their clients. That's YOU btw... not us.

My team has stopped me several times from tossing ANY 3d VC inclusion of these products for this very issue. We could just "force" you, the end user, to put it in yourselves as a 2D placement which is exactly what F1, RXP and Mindstar sell to you. We'd have no issues then. But, we're trying to make you happy by doing their work for them.

The problem is we're not happy. Not at all. The cost from all this has been enormous. Really and truly. 10's of thousands of dollars and hours for someone else's products. We get NOTHING from them but we do get a lot of flak from you. Their customers.

So, if you want us to include new products, provide support of any kind on these, I strongly suggest that you contact F1, RXP and Mindstar and complain to them. Not us.

Though some of you will surely say "Well, then I won't buy your stuff!"... what can I say to that? We work hard, really REALLY hard to provide you with the best, coolest, most immersive products that we can. But, we cannot do THAT AND do the work for others at the same time. It's just not possible.

All of the existing models (GTN 650/750, 530/430) will be included in future products.

Nuff said.

KC.
A2A does well with dual Flight1 and RXP options and Flight1 Avionics are now out of developement. They aren't even available for new sales. And really, for RXP all it takes is correct 3d modeling of the panel mounts. The RXP config tool does the actual gauge modeling. That is the way it is with Carenado models. Their RXP options only change the panel mounting background to RXP specs. One still has to run the Panel Assistant. I was disappointed that with the Twinkie I can only run RXP as a window with the VC unit merely being a repeater. Can't control unit from VC though.
Perhaps the easiest would just be to include flattening for the stock GNS bezels in the RXP panel options and then one could do a complete with bezel RXP GNS drop in using the Panel Assistant. Just a suggestion. It shouldn't be difficult to flatten the textures in a local panel area.

Return to “Work In Progress”