f86 sounds

deandejoseph
f86 sounds

Post by deandejoseph » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:46 pm

Hey friends. 

Just purchased Milviz F86 Tacpac from Orbx and all is pretty well with it except for the sounds.  There are  sounds that seem to be missing. The GPU, switch clicks,landing gear warn(gear light comes on but no sound). Every video I have seen has these sounds, it seems all the other sounds are working(engine,canopy). I can'y believe how the lack of these sounds take away from the "experience".
I have tried uninstalling it,re-downloading it, I downloaded and installed it with antivirus disabled, I ran P3dv4 as admin. I have tried all the different sound options in P3d. I don't know what else to try. I do own 5 other Milviz products with no problems(I know how Milviz products work, for the most part). The only difference is I purchased this from Orbx. The F86 does show up in MVAMS. I did notice this in the sound cfg. file
\\
// !![FSX ONLY]!! \\
// \\
// \\
// \\
// for MILVIZ \\
// \\
// by MIKE MAARSE \\
// (royalcondor51@hotmail.com) \\
// \\
// 2012 \\
And yes. I have sent my e-mail requesting access to the F86 forum(just waiting to be added). I just want this wonderful plane to work right.

Thanks in advance.
Dean DeJoseph

deandejoseph
Re: f86 sounds

Post by deandejoseph » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:05 pm

Also missing textures. When loading external fuel or rocket,bombs I see the plane squat down with the weight but the external loads are not seen.
Anyone? Hello Milviz?

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:57 pm

Go to your sim directory\Milviz\F86 and open the F86_init.ini file in notepad.

At the bottom, try changing your Sound_Device to 0 if it is 1, or 1 if it is 0.

Also, which loadout manager are you using? The main one (Shift+2) shouldn't be used in the TACPACK version except for ground power/trim sensitivity/radio channel settings. Rather the Shift+4 should be used.

deandejoseph

Post by deandejoseph » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:10 pm

Thank you Jonathan. So do I need to purchase the tacpac module just to be able to use the loading feature? I do plan on eventually buying it because I do have your f4u tacpac plane but not just now I can't really afford it. By the way. I love my new f86!

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:15 pm

Yes VRS TP is needed with the TP version due to some differences in loadout management.

deandejoseph

Post by deandejoseph » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:22 pm

THANK YOU Jonathan!!! Got the sounds working with your instructions. Working GREAT!!!

Return to “North American F-86 Support Forum”