Jettison Drop Tanks [Answered]

Monterey56
Jettison Drop Tanks [Answered]

Post by Monterey56 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:34 pm

Hello Milviz,

On a flight today I ran the outboard drop tanks dry and the red OUTBD TANKS EMPTY red light was on. The tank selector was on OUTBRD ON & JETT.

I pushed the TANKS JETTISON button but nothing happened. Pushing the JETTISON BOMB ROCKED TANK button worked and the tanks were dropped.

The manual shows using the TANKS JETTISON button not the JETTISON BOMB ROCKED TANK button, which is labeled #3, but no description can be found for this button, although it's self-explanatory.

Just wondering if this is how the airplane is modeled to drop the external drop tanks?

Thanks,

Ed

JonathanBleeker
Re: Jettison Drop Tanks

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:42 am

I think the tank jettison was for a specific set of pylons that we didn't model. Its been a long time so I can't recall what all is involved.

Monterey56

Post by Monterey56 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:02 pm

Hello JB,

Thanks for the reply and do you have any plans to make this great jet comparable with the new MSFS2020?

I know you guys are probably busy with other projects, but that would be welcome news for MSFS2020 compatibility or an update.

Thanks,

Ed

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:43 am

We are still working our way through the SDK with other projects so I can't say anything about our plans for the future I'm afraid.

Return to “North American F-86 Support Forum”