If you are experiencing CTD's Please Read

Roadburner440
If you are experiencing CTD's Please Read

Post by Roadburner440 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:33 am

In an effort to troubleshoot your CTD's with the F-86 we would like you to try a small troubleshooting step. I ask that you backup your primary FSX.cfg file, and move it to a safe location. After you have copied it to another location delete the fsx.cfg file that it is your main FSX folder. Start FSX, and let it recompile your FSX.cfg file, and then once that is complete attempt to do a flight with the F-86. Attempt to do the steps to replicate your CTD's to see if it goes away. The reason we are asking some of you to do this is to see if it goes away, and to possibly see if the F-86 is conflicting with any other add-ons/programs in FSX... If it does go away please post any other add-ons that you may be using so that we can come up with any common threads and determine the best way to attack this.

Here is how to find your fsx.cfg file: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLke_EbxRdQ (mute music, it is annoying!)

DISCLAIMER: I will say do not try this unless you are comftorable, and PLEASE back up your fsx.cfg file before doing so. Once you are done you can drop your backup fsx.cfg file back in to the main FSX folder and everything will be the way that it was. We thank you guys for your help in attempting to isolate the source of the CTD's. We are not responsible if you lose any edits/mods you have done to your fsx.cfg file or mess up your installation.

JonathanBleeker
Re: If you are experiencing CTD's Please Read

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:37 am

Another thing required is this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=29

When making support requests about CTDs, please provide your dll.xml so i can see what add ons you are running.
Last edited by JonathanBleeker on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fireball6

Post by Fireball6 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:19 am

Hi JB,

try it out - but unfortunately the Failure didn't go away. If i try to switch to another plane or helicopter it crashes to desktop, if i exit FSX an Error-Message come up after closing.

Kindest regards

Dirk

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:48 am

Separate topic please.

ncooper

Post by ncooper » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:52 am

A common cause of CTD for users of FSX under Windows 7(64) and Windows 8(64) is
UiAutomationCore.dll, a file that is found in windows\system 32 and \syswow64.

Unfortunately, neither of these is compatible with FSX and the fix is to copy and paste a copy
of the Vista version into your main FSX folder.

The principle is that when it needs it, FSX looks for this file inside its own folder first and if it finds it there
it will never try to use the two incompatible ones inside the Windows folder, so the problem goes away.

The version required is 6.0.5840.16386 and it can be downloaded here, for example.
http://www.search-dll.com/dll-files/dow ... e.dll.html

I had forgotten about this old fix and experienced a CTD with the Sabre after a few changes of view.
With this fix reapplied the problem has indeed gone away.

Regards,
Nick

Return to “North American F-86 Support Forum”