Installing Additional Livery Pack

N4GIX
Installing Additional Livery Pack

Post by N4GIX » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:02 pm

After running the self-installer...
  1. Look for a new folder cleverly named: ..\F-86 Fighter CFG Additions. Inside you will find a file named: AddTo_MoreFighters_Aircraft.cfg
  2. Open that file in notepad.exe and copy/paste the contents into your existing aircraft.cfg file just BELOW the [fltsim.5] entry.
  3. Each of the new entries will need to have its [fltsim.x] entry edited to the next highest sequential number, such as [fltsim.6]
  4. Next, look for a folder named: ..\F-86 Aerobatic, and open the file named: AerobaticAircraft.cfg
  5. Repeat the steps 2 and 3 outlined above to add the new [fltsim.x] sections to your aircraft.cfg file
  6. Save your edited aircraft.cfg file and go fly!

samtwo102
Re: Installing Additional Livery Pack

Post by samtwo102 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:36 am

Samtwo102 , I'm new to this forum and I have the same problem plus a new one as a result of trying to use notepad. I am not computer savvy and really don't know how to use notepad. I looked at several different web sites trying to find a solution to this and downloaded Addit Pro to see if that would work but it made things worst.Again I'm not that good with computers and at one point Addit Pro stated that I had several objects (planes) with the same name and said that it could fix it. Foolishly I clicked ok and now when I load the base pack I only get one plane as fsx tells me that I have some planes with the same name (Milviz F86 sim obj 1,2, 3, 4 etc.) I have deleted the base pack and reinstalled it but I get the same thing. I also did a complete repair on fsx and acceleration to no avail. Can someone give me some assistance on this, as the F86 is one of my favorite planes. I would like to get the base pack working again and install the livery pack. Thanks.

Nullack
Re: Installing Additional Livery Pack

Post by Nullack » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:10 am

Bill please be aware that there is a bug with this in the P3D Tacpac build. It's simple to workaround though. The root cause is the directory path for the TP version uses a directory of "Milviz F-86 TacPac" in simobjects airplanes, where as the HD textures installer doesn't know this and it puts all the data under a non existent "Milviz F-86" directory.

The obvious work around is to just move that data over to the TP directory.

Cheers

Return to “North American F-86 Support Forum”