Livery Kit

ctmcewan
Livery Kit

Post by ctmcewan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:33 pm

Hello,

Please advise how I can enable the choices I made for the Livery Kit1 I downloaded, it downloaded OK but I do not see how I chose alivery that is not the default ones listed in my P3DV4.2 listing.

N4GIX
Re: Livery Kit

Post by N4GIX » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:25 pm

Use the MVAMS menu to select your desired livery, as well as any options. Each livery can have its own custom options, such as Alaska and Cannorth have the gravel kits enabled, etc.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:42 pm

you added the liveries to the aircraft cfg?

ctmcewan

Post by ctmcewan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:40 pm

No that’s the point I don’t know where to put the files for example Britannia, this in not a default livery, I do understand ref selection of the default liveries in MVAMS but the Britannia one is not listed.

I am speaking of the additional liveries which are available for download on the site.

Charlie

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:53 pm

The folders go in your SimObjects\Airplanes\MV Boeing 737-200. In there you will find the aircraft cfg as well, which you must open in notepad.

Follow the directions in the extra text file that comes with the liveries.

ctmcewan

Post by ctmcewan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:43 pm

There is no livery text I can find, please just provide those additional instructions.

Thanks

ctmcewan

Post by ctmcewan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:03 am

Hello,

If you dont mind me saying so I am not really getting concise instructions (with greatest respect) on how I can resolve my now many time reported request for help, I think unfortunately for me Milviz assume I am knowledgable enough to navigate and gain access to the files etc , I am pretty new to the pastime and need more help to find where and how I insert the livery files to the right destination , where exactly the files are inserted etc foe example do I need to put the Britannia logo livey inthe A/C Config file?, I aready tried several times and have placed it in the sin objects\airplanes\MV Boeing 737-200

The folders go in your SimObjects\Airplanes\MV Boeing 737-200. In there you will find the aircraft cfg as well, which you must open in notepad.

Follow the directions in the extra text file that comes with the liveries. I cannot find any text file that comes with the liveries you mention please provide the link.

Please can you be more precise on how /where/what I have to do.

Regards
Attachments
Britannia Logo files.JPG
Britannia Logo files.JPG (97.51 KiB) Viewed 1428 times

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:17 pm

Okay, I'll show you one new livery for illustration. The others follow the same pattern. From a closer look at what you've shown in the screenshot, everything is correctly done except step 3 below:

Look in the texture.britannia folder and locate the britannia_aircraft.cfg file

Aircraft.cfg file + britannia_aircraft.cfg
===================================
  1. Copy/Paste the contents of britannia_aircraft.cfg to the existing aircraft.cfg file just below the last [fltsim.5] entry.
  2. Replace the "n" in the new [fltsim.n] entry with the next higher number e.g. [fltsim.n] change to [fltsim.6]
  3. NOTE! Please edit the panel= line to replace s177 with s77. The s177 no longer exists...

Code: Select all

[fltsim.5]
title=Milviz B737-200 Janet
sim=737-200
model=pax
panel=wx
sound=
texture=JANET51
kb_checklists=Milviz_B732_check
kb_reference=Milviz_B732_ref
atc_id=N5294M
atc_airline=Boeing
atc_flight_number=327
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="737-200"
ui_variation="JANET_Pax"
ui_typerole="Combi-Cargo-Pax"
ui_createdby="Milviz"
gravel_kit=false

[fltsim.6]
title=Milviz B737-200 Britannia
sim=737-200
model=combi
panel=s77
sound=
texture=britannia
kb_checklists=Milviz_B732_check
kb_reference=Milviz_B732_ref
atc_id=GAWSY
atc_airline=Boeing
atc_flight_number=327
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="737-200"
ui_variation="Britannia"
ui_typerole="Combi"
ui_createdby="Milviz
gravel_kit=false

[General]
Save the newly edited aircraft.cfg then check in MVAMS to make certain the new Brittinia livery appears as a choice. If it does, then continue adding the new liveries one at a time to make sure you've made no mistakes! :ugeek:

ctmcewan

Post by ctmcewan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:06 am

Thank you so much my reason for pressing for extra help is the following, in 1969 I joined Britannia Airways as an engineering apprentice, I actually worked the subject aircraft many times GA -
WSY

I progressed in the company from a Line Engineer and worked in Airworthiness, I have had a 50 year career in aviation including working as a flight engineer, my time in Britannia were some of the best 20 years after this joint aircraft leasing companies and starting my own aircraft consultancy business. I retired last year now aged 66 I must thank you so much for going the extra mile helping me with this issue.

Kind Regards

Charlie McEwan UK

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:32 pm

How utterly ironic, Charlie! Hopefully you won't have any further "engineering challenges" as you return to working on the GA-WSY airframe... :lol:

ctmcewan

Post by ctmcewan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:21 pm

Hello,

Thank you for message, sorry to burden you but cannot get any flight deck illumination in dusk/ dark/ or dawn.

I am won 10 64 bit P3D v 4.2

My other MV aircraft flight decks illuminate no problem, I do get multiple reallite errors on initial start up of P3D it says unable to load textures

Any ideas?

Charlie

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:24 pm

Charlie, you've already asked this question and Jon answered your. You need to update P3D to v4.5 before the RealLights will work properly.

Return to “Boeing 737-200 Support Forum”