Only front door opens and aircraft state problem

perohijo
Only front door opens and aircraft state problem

Post by perohijo » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Hello.
I've seen that this subject with the doors has been discussed before on this forum and it looks like it goes pretty far back, I also saw some file you can download, but since that post is from 2010 I think is too old so I decided I'm not going to download files dating that far back. I can open only the main door and can't even see the contour of the main cargo door. I can't even open any of the other doors. The other problem is with aircraft state: I load MVAMS and save the aircraft state leaving the app open while the simulator is running but the airplane is not changing state, in my case, I want to load the airplane ready to start. I have tried with several different ones and the only one that seems to work is the Alaska combi.
I reinstalled the airplane twice with the same result.
I forgot to mentioned that all the airplanes look like regular passenger versions. I can't see any indication of cargo doors behind the main door.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Z390 AORUS ULTRA
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
Monitor: Samsung 49" 5120 x 1440 (120Hz)

N4GIX
Re: Only front door opens and aircraft state problem

Post by N4GIX » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:49 pm

There are two ways to open the doors:
  • If running FSX, use default keyboard commands, e.g. Shift-E, 1, 2, 3, or 4
  • If running P3D, simply click on the doors from spot (outside) view
Note also that every livery may be configured via the MVAMS utility separately! Cargo configurations will show containers when the cargo door is open, and seats in the rear half of the aircraft. This is the most common configuration for the "Combi".

The front, rear, and cargo doors on the right side of the aircraft open/close at the same time because the sim limits the number of doors to 4... :D
u9aC0fmMrD.gif
u9aC0fmMrD.gif (604.19 KiB) Viewed 848 times

perohijo

Post by perohijo » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:02 pm

Thanks for the reply. I will check it out, I had no idea that that was the way to open the doors. Any thoughts as to why the airplane don't change the state?

Hexagon_175

Post by Hexagon_175 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:52 am

Hi, I don't know if the problem is still being looked into. Finally had a good amount of time to sit down with the plane and enjoy it, took it on a long circle from KMLB to KMLB, but found that only the L1 door worked. Shift E plus number seems to work alright with other aircraft I have, but not this.

Should add that I also am using FSX:SE, on Windows 10, and version 4.180823 of the plane. I tried to put it on a airfield with no fuel box (KDWS) and still could not open the other doors.

On top of that, I'm having issues with the HSI and NAV CRS knobs seem to only adjust in 10 degree intervals (though middle clicking on the Heading knob will set it to the current heading.) Also having tons of issues with the ADF since it only adjusts in 100 kHz intervals mostly.

Aside from those small issues, Absolutely enjoy the aircraft! Hopefully more will be done for it for those of us still using FSX!

Should note that I found a quick workaround. I found a neat Door gauge off one of the websites. It has a few buttons for the various Doors (1-4). I set it up in the panel.cfg and vola, I now have working doors! Now to figure out what to do about the Heading Bug, NAV CRS, and ADF.

Return to “Boeing 737-200 Support Forum”