Heading and course selector [Resolved]

WilliamG
Heading and course selector [Resolved]

Post by WilliamG » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:18 pm

I can only move the heading and course selector in units of 10 degrees.
for example 40 50 60 degrees
Left clicking, right clicking, using the mouse wheel all give the same result.
Any thoughts?

Slayer
Re: Heading and course selector

Post by Slayer » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:22 pm

I've seen this come up before. I'm asking the developers what the fix or problem could be.

WilliamG

Post by WilliamG » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:31 pm

Thanks for checking Steve

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:55 pm

I've spoken to one of the developers, something is causing the LVAR to fire too many times or "run away" Are you using anything Like Linda or FSUIPC that could be trying to do something with the selectors? I have checked it on my end and it will " accelerate" very fast if you scroll the mouse wheel quickly but if I go one click at a time I can select in 1 degree increments.

WilliamG

Post by WilliamG » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:16 pm

Thanks for following up on this Steve.
I don't have any programs that would attempt to interact with the selector dials.
I just went back to make sure, My heading and course selectors move in 10 degree increments with each click of the mouse wheel.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:46 pm

Very strange, we have been unable to duplicate it here :( It has a to be a mouse scroll wheel acceleration issue or something you have that is causing it to scroll so fast that it goes into the acceleration part (IE 10degree increments) That is only supposed to happen when you spin the mousewheel quickly.

michaelplanteajah

Post by michaelplanteajah » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:08 am

Hi,

I bought the 737-200 a while back, but I kind of gave up using it after the first couple of attempts due to these bugs. But I've decided to try it again, so now I'm looking for solutions.

I can confirm that I'm having (since I bought it ~1 year ago) this same issue, and it's not because of the mouse wheel, as even when I click the knob, it changes by 10-degree increments. This is also using two different mice, as I have changed hardware since the last time I tried using this aircraft. Although the strangest thing happened earlier when I was restarting FSX over and over to see if I could fix it -- they finally started changing by 1-degree increments (and the altitude 'reminder' or whatever it is by 100 ft) while I was on the ground...but once I was flying for some reason they reverted to changing by 10-degree increments (and 1000 ft). I have not been able to replicate this since... (nor does this happen with any other aircraft)

Could this also be related to the trim being applied very quickly? To get around that one, I've lowered the 'elevator trim effectiveness' in the aircraft.cfg because it was impossible to make small adjustments with even the lightest/quickest touch on the joystick button. I had assumed it was just the way it was modeled, but I suspect the trim was not supposed to work like that...

Cheers,
Mike

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:03 am

DId you try lowering the repeat rate slider in P3D settings for elevator trim up/down?

michaelplanteajah

Post by michaelplanteajah » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:40 am

Yes, lowering the repeat setting in FSX was part of my fix (alone it didn't decrease the sensitivity enough for my liking, hence editing the .cfg file as well). But yesterday I actually managed to find a fix for the knob bug (fixing the 'control acceleration' bug with FSUIPC), and indeed the trim controls seem to function normally (I kept the repeat setting at halfway because I prefer it less sensitive, but returned the .cfg setting to 1.0, and all seems to be functioning properly now). But thanks for the suggestion!

Actually, a further issue that was solved by the control acceleration fix was the doors issue -- I no longer have to use a 'door control' gauge to open the cargo doors because SHIFT+E+[n] is finally working. So it seems that control acceleration bug in FSX was at the root of a lot of the bugs in this software.

Return to “Boeing 737-200 Support Forum”