SP 3:Auto Throttle not keeping the speed [resolved]

Macoy
Re: SP 3:Auto Throttle not keeping the speed [Not Solved Yet

Post by Macoy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:04 am

Try to uninstall the V3 (using the installer) and then install again.

It could also be related to the "Ready to Takeoff" configuration. After loading the plane, try to turn on the GEN1/2 knobs at the overhead. Sometimes, they are off, even with the engines running.

It happened to me at the first install, but now, the autothrottle is ok again.

briwith

Post by briwith » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:13 pm

I had the speed hold problem (and the Flight Director not appearing snag mentioned elsewhere) and here's what cured it in FSX on my fairly ancient system (Window Vista 64 + Nvidia GTX285). I found that the 737 quite often does not initialize completely even after loading a default aircraft first, the most reliable set-up option seems to be "ready for engine start" but even this is not fool-proof on my system. Therefore, when the 737 has loaded I reload it using the "Aircraft (reload)" key command which by default does not have a button/key combination allocated to it. I have allocated it to [Ctrl+Shift+=] for ease of use. Since doing this quick reload to ensure correct initialisation, I have had no problems with the FD or autopilot speed control.
Hope this helps,

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Gee I guess this bird is really meant for the more potent computers....That said, though the speed control does use the FSX autopilot, I did not design the rest of it to allow for time acceleration so if any of you are using that try turning it off. That may prevent problems of violent pitch ups and such.

Macoy

Post by Macoy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Like Brian said. It seems to be something related to the initial configuration of the aircraft. When you load the "Ready for takeoff", sometimes some switches are off, even when the engines are running.

Reloading the aircraft, or checking the overhead switches, seems to solve the problem.

I noticed this problem when, after takeoff, the electrical system failed, turning the FMC off and messing up the autopilot and AT. So, right after loading the airplane, check all the switches to see if some of them are off.

Thorsten42

Post by Thorsten42 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:56 am

Hi all,

just retested with SP4 and same behavior as before. No auto throttle for me.

Cheers
Thorsten

CAPFlyer

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:19 pm

Now in cruise, and found an additional to my other thread that I started but that better fits here -

I have partial AutoThrottle. With SPEED engaged, the throttle will move one way or the other but will then seem to "forget" that it is activated and the power will stay high or low and I have to cycle the button to get it to make another power adjustment.

I know you guys say you haven't messed with the default AutoThrottle logic, but apparently there is something in the SP177 gauge that is interfering with it because it's definitely not responding properly.

CAPFlyer

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:45 pm

Hey, just to be a bit of an offset, after flying another flight yesterday with the SP77 and flying the remainder of the previous flight with the autothrottle off, I will state for the record, that the engine performance is dead-on, even if the EPR computer isn't right (it shows 1.99 EPR as Climb EPR even when charts are showing 2.25+), and that when I make the power setting from the charts for cruise, the plane settles right in within a few knots of what it should be. It's nice to know that I don't need to be hunting for power settings all the time since there's already enough to do trying to kill your wind drift while following the FMS with the SP77.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:46 pm

Ill double check things this side when I get a chance. On an extremely tight schedule here.

daniel_pt

Post by daniel_pt » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:13 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:Now in cruise, and found an additional to my other thread that I started but that better fits here -

I have partial AutoThrottle. With SPEED engaged, the throttle will move one way or the other but will then seem to "forget" that it is activated and the power will stay high or low and I have to cycle the button to get it to make another power adjustment.

I know you guys say you haven't messed with the default AutoThrottle logic, but apparently there is something in the SP177 gauge that is interfering with it because it's definitely not responding properly.
This is happening in my system as well... it just can't keep the speed under control. :-(

737guy

Post by 737guy » Tue May 13, 2014 3:13 am

I am having trouble with the A/T as well. It works just fine for me when in LVL CHG mode. Just won't hold an airspeed when on speed hold mode. I have SP3 installed.

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Tue May 13, 2014 5:17 am

We're working on this...

skydancer

Post by skydancer » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:45 pm

Hi there, just to say too. Just bought this add-on a week ago. I enjoy flying this model so much :) always have a soft spot for the B737-200's. Anyway, just confirm I also experienced the same issue. Mind you I still want to check whether it holds EPR as I havent tried it yet. But I know for sure it does not hold speed. Also continues to speed up until I get an warning on the screen. And Just also to make sure that there is not a fix for this yet rright?

Thanks for a brilliant model Milviz :) I have lots to enjoy still.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:05 pm

I have solved most of the autopilot issues this side. just fixing the autobrake that some were having problems with before i get to investigating this.

skydancer

Post by skydancer » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:25 am

Hi there Jonathan,

Thank you so much for the quick response. No problems, just wanted to make sure I didnt miss anything :) But will be waiting patiently.

Kind regards

Mark

Ephedrin

Post by Ephedrin » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:25 pm

Hi guys,

2 years later reactivating this thread, has there been any solution for this?

I have downloaded the version Kat posted in the pinned topics above but have no speed holding A/T but can easily hold 330kts IAS in 20000ft with the throttles maybe an inch forward (??)..

It's P3Dv3.2. I know that there are still compatibility issues. Is this behaviour one of the issues? Or has there been found a fix?

Greets and thanks,
Marc

Return to “Boeing 737-200 Support Forum”